Pressure gauge siphons are used to protect the pressure gauge from the effect of hot pressure media such as steam and also to reduce the effect of rapid pressure surges. The pressure medium forms a condensate and is collected inside the coil or pigtail portion of the siphon.
The condensate prevents the hot media from coming in direct contact with the pressure instrument. When the siphon is first installed, it should be filled with water or any other suitable separating liquid.
- Siphons for steam services
- Pigtail for vertical installations
- Coil for horizontal installations
- Pigtail siphon
- Coil Siphon
- Brass Steel A120, schedule 40 Steel A106B, schedule 80 & 160 316 stainless steel, schedules 80 & 160
- Chrome Moly steel (A335 P22)
- Alternate threads 316 stainless steel cleaned for oxygen service
Media Temperature Reduction
- Approximately 75°F for each 12” section of ½” pipe. Actu