In recent years many companies have joined with industry to study the effects of the upstream and the downstream pipe immediately adjacent to the orifice plate. These lengths of pipe are known as meter runs. Taking accurate measurements in small bore pipe runs are often difficult as the installation creates interference. Accurate measurements may be carried out though because this construction, with inlet- and outlet pipes forming a unit with the ring chambers, leads to the orifice without obstruction. The use of calibrated pipes allows an exact value for the inner tube diameter D and surface. The range of measurement may simply be altered by exchanging the orifice plate.
It has been clearly demonstrated by tests that the length and the condition of the pipe used in meter runs has a very important effect on the overall accuracy of the measurement.
Meter Runs are supplied as a complete unit to ensure the necessary straight pipe lengths are available for the highest possible accuracy. They can be supplied with temperature pockets if required.
- For differential-pressure flow-rate measurement in aggressive and non-aggressive gaseous and liquid and steam, particularly in smaller pipelines up to DN 50 (2").
- Flow measurement of hydrocarbons, most gases & most liquids - Single phase flow measurement of hydrocarbon gas and liquid and most other fluids
- Orifice Meter run assembly is carefully designed and manufactured to ensure the best achievable accuracy
- High accuracy flow metering to international standards
- Orifice Meter run assembly ensures that installation of orifice plate, adjacent pipe work and tappings are compliant with ISO 5167 and AGA 3
- Unique positioning of orifice plate ensures orifice plate is held consistently concentric with adjacent pipe work for optimum accuracy
Meter runs and orifice plates with ring chamber taps are provided with calibrated in and outlet pipes. The two-part carrier-ring according to DIN 19205 has an exchangeable orifice plates. It can be delivered as an orifice plate according to ISO 5167-2, as quarter circle nozzle or as a double coned orifice plate according to appropriate conditions of use. Under special circumstances you may also find Venturi tubes. Carrier-ring and orifice plate are supplied with a flat seal. The seal is chosen to suit accurately the medium and the working conditions. The meter runs are delivered fully assembled and ready for installation with either welded or flange ends.